The Ohio State University is committed to providing a fire-safe environment for its students, faculty, staff, patients and visitors, and to protect its property through an effective fire prevention, protection, preparedness and response program. The purpose of this Fire and Life Safety Compliance Guide is to assist the university community in working together to maintain an environment that reduces the risk of fire hazards.
The Fire Prevention and Life Safety Policy outlines how the university proposes to safeguard life and property from the hazards of fire and explosion arising from storage, handling or use of materials or equipment, and from conditions hazardous to life and property. The requirements of the policy are based upon compliance with Ohio Fire Code (2007), enforced by the State of Ohio Fire Marshal Office, State of Ohio Department of Commerce, as well as other applicable federal, state, and local codes and standards.
OSU Employee Fire Extinguisher Training
OSU Environmental Health and Safety has established an on-line training program. (www.ehs.osu.edu
) Supervisors will determine which training employees should take based on the work tasks that will be perfomed by the employee.
To start the Fire Extinguisher Training (OSU employees / students):
2) Cick on the Occupational Health and Safety content area.
3) Scroll down to locate the Fire Extinguisher training course and click on "Take this Course".
4) Sign in using your osu.edu login (last name.###).
5) At the end of the on-line training you will be prompted to take the quiz.
6) Once training has been completed, a list your training sessions will be listed under “My Training”.
7) Print off your "My Training" list for the supervisor to keep on file.
At this point the supervisor can go over site specific information regarding locations of fire extinguisers.
If you have any questions, please contact Kent McGuire (CFAES Safety and Health Coordinator) at email@example.com
or (614) 292-0588 or Dept. of Public Safety, Emergency Management and Fire Prevention: Bob Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (614) 247-4276
Reviewed / Updated: 10/23/19 K. McGuire