In accordance with the university’s updated event guidelines, below is a list of guidance for student organization activities on and after May 10:
- Student organizations may hold on-campus in-person events with more than 10 people in accordance with all federal, state, local, university and venue guidelines.
- The number of in-person attendees will be determined by the capacity of the venue. Check with venue staff as most capacities are reduced from previous standards.
- Your event planner will work with you to confirm risk mitigation plans including securing necessary approval from the Events Review Committee. Advisor approval will no longer be required.
- You may request space using regular scheduling tools and methods.
- Student organizations may hold and/or attend off-campus in-person events with more than 10 people in accordance with all federal, state, local, university and venue guidelines.
- Off-campus events do not need approval from the Events Review Committee.
- For all in-person activities, whether indoors or outdoors, continue to follow all health and safety guidelines for mask wearing, physical distancing and hand hygiene. At this time there are no special considerations for attendees who are fully vaccinated.
- University restrictions on travel are in place through at least June 30, 2021. No university funds may be used for travel during this time and student organizations are encouraged to avoid shared travel. When travel is necessary for approved off-campus activities, students should travel separately or with their “quaran-team” members only.
We encourage you to work closely and consult with event planning staff, student organizations staff, sport club staff, sorority and fraternity staff and your organization advisor as you make plans for in-person activities.
We are dedicated to supporting the safe return to in-person activities. We will continue to monitor relevant metrics so that we can respond quickly to promote the health and safety of our campus community. Additional information will be shared later this summer in preparation for autumn semester activities.
OSU Student Activity link: https://activities.osu.edu/involvement/student_organizations/covid19_information